Message to Holmdel Parents about HFEE's Mini-Grants
Dear Holmdel families:
While many may be familiar with HFEE’s largest gifts made to Holmdel district schools annually, did you know that we also offer approximately $20K annually in mini grant funding to help students and teachers make a real impact. We’ve seen creative and innovative ideas - from simple to complex - and that’s exactly what we are looking for in the applications. Mini-grants may be awarded to individual applicants or groups of applicants, and may include projects such as improvement or expansion of existing programs or the creation of something new! Mini grants are awarded up to $2,500.
In 2021, student and teacher mini grants were awarded across all schools. Examples included:
- A mindfulness program, which included a serene space for children to practice mindfulness and rebalance (HHS)
- A 3D product and development scanner (HHS)
- A UV lightbox to observe DNA fragments (HHS)
- Aerodynamic tools (Satz)
- Robotics and stop motion video (IH)
- ARRIVE Time reading program for 3rd grade classes (Village)
- Child-friendly, artist-based books for the art library (Village)
Now that is REAL impact!
If you know a student (or teacher) who is interested in applying for an HFEE mini grant, please fill out the application (note: there is a separate application for teachers). The deadline for submitting grant applications is February 25, 2022. To see other recent mini grant gifts the HFEE has provided, click here.
For more information, please go to https://www.hfee.org/grants (contact Rushmi Mathur for additional questions). Help us continue to make these powerful grants possible by donating to HFEE.org/give!
The HFEE Trustees